Escape The Trap – Teenage Relationship Abuse Programme
Escape the Trap is an exciting new programme which has been developed in acknowledgement of the rising numbers of young people aged 13-16 years identified as being vulnerable to teenage relationship abuse.
Research states that teenage relationship abuse affects 40% of young people in intimate relationships and has a considerable impact on mental health and wellbeing.
Over an eight week period the programme addresses :
- Young peoples expectations of relationships
- Relationships that make them feel bad
- The behaviours and beliefs of those who treat them badly
- How to identify coercive behaviour
- How these behaviours make them feel
- How to identify such behaviours early in a new relationship
The programme also encourages young people to explore how being treated with respect, care and love might be experienced.
The programme is designed for small group and one to one support and can be offered in any youth setting.
For further information or to make a referral please contact