Information for Agencies and Professionals
Read our update below on types of agencies that have contacted us since our launch on 26th November 2007
Initially, the interviews were going to be used as a resource for the media during awareness raising campaigns. Whilst watching the interviews it was recognised that the DVD had a greater potential to be used as an awareness raising tool for all agencies and organisations within the public, statutory and voluntary sectors.
Each interview can be used individually and incorporated into existing in-house or multi-agency training programmes to support the agency, organisation or group being trained. For example, for professionals working with families and young people in whatever capacity, it may be useful to show them an interview by someone who grew up with domestic violence and how it impacted them as a child and then later as an adult. Alternatively, it might be helpful to hear from a mother about how the abuse affected her children and their family life.
You can choose to use the full interviews which vary in length between 6 – 21 minutes, or the short clips which vary between 1 – 3 minutes.
Accompanying each interview is a short synopsis, a brief guide to which agencies might find them specifically useful and suggested discussion points to encourage discussion and develop awareness. Transcripts of each short clip are available to download from the website. The suggested discussion points are provided as pdf’s and are located on Disc 2 of the Survivors Stories DVD.
Types of organisations that have already contacted us for information and to order the DVD:
- Bury Family Centre, Suffolk
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Community Safety Unit
- Southend Women’s Aid
- Basildon Women’s Aid
- Montgomery Family Crisis Centre, Powys
- ADVA Partnership, Devon County Council
- Manchester Mixed Senior Attendance Centre
- Vale of Glamorgan Community Safety Team
- Safer Luton Partnership
- Greater London Domestic Violence Project
- Tower Hamlets Community Safety Team
- The Relationship Centre, Warrington
- Luton & Dunstable Hospital Maternity Unit
- Suffolk Safeguarding Adults
- Weaverham High School, Cheshire
- Crown Prosecution Service, Lincoln
- Bromsgrove Community Safety Unit
- Luton Safeguarding Children Board
- Milton Keynes Women’s Aid
- Northamptonshire Police